Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge Accepted!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenge Accepted!!!
    Posted: September 07 2019 at 3:42pm
I was given a free ten day shooting pass at the range today. 
The range master was watching me and my daughter consistently grouping ten shots inside the red circle on my targets at 100 yards with the Faux 1943 No4MkI* T rifle. I had one round with a dead primer that never fired. The range master had me walk the round out to the target and told me that if I could hit the cartridge with the first shot,he would give me a ten day shooting pass for free. Five certified range masters and my daughter watched the cartridge fall off the target frame after my shot was fired. After the cease fire was called and everyone was cleared,we walked out to the target. There was the cartridge with a hole in it. The target pictured has ten holes in it,shot at a distance of 100 yards. I am extremely satisfied that this rifle is as accurate as it is...
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 3:44pm
Bravo!
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 4:04pm
We're going to change your user name to "Quigley" & get you a bucket!
BWHAHAHaHahaha!
Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

We're going to change your user name to "Quigley" & get you a bucket!
BWHAHAHaHahaha!
Thumbs Up
Quigley to Marsten.
Right about there should do it...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 4:14pm
Not sure why you didn't shoot the neck... just kidding!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 4:54pm
I like the fact that I can reload the bullet again...🤠
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 4:59pm
Outstanding sir, I hit a nickle with my 22 at 100yds, but a 303 with a 303, not with my rifles and eyes.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2019 at 7:01pm
nice shooting - excellent rifle , cant beat that with a stick - ten days free ? well worth that gamble , near $200 at our range , 
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 3:01am
Well done!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 5:00am
Ian Fleming.  LOL
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 5:32am
That is impressive. Oh to have eyes that good again! Well done, Goosic!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 6:31am
I don’t know how you could even see a cartridge case at 100 yards!  But I like the idea of that challenge!  
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 6:32am
I like the idea of that challenge, but I don’t think I could see a cartridge at 100 yards!  
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 7:19am
How about a Charger full of 303, penetrated by a 7.92 ?

The original is in a WW1 period book in a French Museum.

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 7:36am
Originally posted by britrifles britrifles wrote:

I like the idea of that challenge, but I don’t think I could see a cartridge at 100 yards!  

The sunlight was making the case light up like a neon sign and the bottom of the target board had piece of black duct tape the cartridge was in front of. I put the rectical post right on the bottom of the shiny cartridge,took a breathe,breathed out slowly,and fired.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2019 at 7:47am
Originally posted by The Armourer The Armourer wrote:

How about a Charger full of 303, penetrated by a 7.92 ?

The original is in a WW1 period book in a French Museum.

I like reading about or listening to the tells of how stuff like that happened. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic