Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: price
    Posted: February 14 2020 at 7:05am
Is $300 a fare price for PH rifle built on a 1918 enfield action, all correct with a walnut Sile stock?
The rifle is all correct, barrel, sights, swivel, butt pad, milled receiver etc etc.
shoot em if you got em
Sponsored Links

englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 12:42pm
If the bore is good, yes. Good price.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 12:49pm
I'd say a VERY GOOD price!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 1:26pm
Good to hear, I`ve made an offer, $275 Shocked.
I also talked to my gun smith friend who`s been an enfield mechanic most of his career/life, he said if its good, $275-350ish private sale. $450-600 out of his shop.
shoot em if you got em
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 1:36pm
shoot em if you got em
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 1:42pm

shoot em if you got em
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 1:54pm
Some folk have all the luck from my perspective. I would love to have an original PH Custom No4 or a No4 T rifle instead of the forgeries I have produced.  Let us know how the rifle shoots when you get that far with it please...Thumbs Up
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 1:58pm
looks to be 1916 to me??
European curly walnut with rosewood ascents maybe.
I`d be a steal at $275, anxiously awaiting a reply.
shoot em if you got em
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Some folk have all the luck from my perspective. I would love to have an original PH Custom No4 or a No4 T rifle instead of the forgeries I have produced.  Let us know how the rifle shoots when you get that far with it please...Thumbs Up

Will do...

Forgeries or not, you have fine rifles, most could only want to have, I`ve got a couple myself, but they`re mine and I`m not fooling anyone.
I would love to find a replacement for the Churchill No4 I once had, the gun was a tack driver and gorgeous, the one I had had English walnut deep curly monte carlo stock with ebany trim, I was constantly whacking ground hog from far away....Wink awhhh the memories of lost friends......
shoot em if you got em
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 4:25pm
Fine looking rifle AND a great price!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 3:49am
No deal, I guess I must have p***d him off, not even a counter offer.
The art of negotiating must be dead.
shoot em if you got em
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 3:57am
I'm not much of a d**kerer. If I want something I think is a good deal, I'll pay the asking price. If I'm looking at something that would be "nice to have", I may offer maybe 10% less than the asking price. If it was me in a position like you were, as I don't "need" another Sporter, I probably would have offered the same as you... but wouldn't have countered when denied. There will always be another nice one out there.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 4:01am
Oh for sure, I`m rarely disappointed if an offer is rejected, there are lots of deals out there.
Cheers
shoot em if you got em
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 7:22am
Yes, the art of haggling is dying. What was his price tag?

Try haggling with a vendor in a Morrocan market place, talk about dramatics! The usual clincher to the deal is turning your back and walking away. After about three steps, the vendor would be right there with a counter offer to your countered counter offer.

Go back to the gent and explain that you really like the rifle, and that you realise that it probably worth more, it is a beautiful rifle.  However, you are scrambling to put together all the CASH that you have for your offer. You simply don't have any more to spend. Ask him what his rock bottom, really, really rock bottom price would be? What would he take for it to become yours?. Thank him for his time. :) 

If I was selling and a punter was close to the price in mind with an offer, I would respond. Even if it to say that the price was firm.

But haggling is like fishing. You can't catch all of the fish.

And by the way, a Sile stock set alone would be worth $275Cdn these days IF you could find one for sale. They have not been made for a few years now. They are well made, well fitting stocks. Italian walnut, some have very nice figured wood.

Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 8:10am
Englishman, very well put. I looked at the pictures of that rifle again. As mentioned, I need another Enfield like I need a hole in the head, but... I woulda bought it! As long as you didn't seem pushy or obnoxious on your first offer, and want the rifle, say what Englishman says. I try never to low-ball. To me that means I really didn't want the product... and in my town it'll get you a bit of a bad rep that may end up. Iting you in the ass!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 8:18am
He was asking $300 firm plus shipping, so no biggy.
I was also recently engaged over a very nice G43, the seller recently won on auction to flip. Asking $2800, it was soon apparent he was on the hook for that much, for a rifle he knew nothing about, was sported and worth maybe $1500, we were both disappointed.
He said he bought it hoping to double up be cause it was so rare, I wanted it to restore but not for $2800.
shoot em if you got em
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic