Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with a 1893 Enfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff_seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with a 1893 Enfield
    Posted: January 22 2021 at 1:12pm
Good Afternoon,

I am new to this forum. I recently inherited a Metford/Enfield that was my great, great grandfathers.  It is marked with the Crown, V.R. Enfield, 1893. II.  From my limited knowledge and research I think it would be actually a Metford Rifle made by Enfield.  I would really like to bring this gun back to life and would appreciate all the help and input I can get. 

It is super cool to think that I could possibly hunt Deer/Moose with the same gun that my family has for 130 years.  The problem is the gun is missing the bolt assembly and magazine.  Also, I am unsure if the barrel is any good (I've heard that Metford rifling is rounder).

My goal would be to make the gun a shooter again even if that means the only thing original left is the stock (It's pretty cool and has their initials inscribed).

Now my questions.

What bolt assemblies and magazines would work in this gun?

If the barrel is bad is it possible to put in an enfield barrel? And what years would work?

Is it possible to put in a skeleton from another gun and keep the original stock?

I found another gun for sale it is a 1896, LE, 1 that has been sported and modified with a scope. Would the parts on this gun be interchangeable with the 1893.  From my reading it sounds like the LE 1 was the next model after the Mark II.  The change was the enfield rifling and safety on bolt?

I'll attach pictures of my gun and the gun for sale for reference in another post. I just need to figure out how make the picture file size smaller. 

Thanks so much and I appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Geoff
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic