Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Igman .303

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chach VonChach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Igman .303
    Posted: July 21 2007 at 12:39am
Anyone ever use igman .303? It's yugo ammo. I am thinking of buying some for 8.50$ per box (20rds).

Let me know.

Thanks,

Chachie
Sponsored Links

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 4:11am
Have some that came to me by accident in a shipment of ammo boxes , havent shot it yet , but if its on the line of Hot Shot ammo or equivalent it should be OK.
from looking at the rounds they look good , comparable to the name brands that i have .
If you get some let us know what you think.
I feel you will like them , most all modern ammo from europe is pretty much comparable to our ammo . just remember to ask if they are corrosive or not, they have to tell you that .
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 7:44am
I'm using the Prvi Partizan, and it shoots fine,but is very dirty.
It's almost like I've been shooting Black powder, lots of black,sooty powder residue.
The two seperate factories were once the same company, but when Yugoslavia broke up they became seperate companies, but using the same equipment.
It's non-corrosive & reloadable.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
TomcatPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomcatPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 3:29pm
I have not heard of either of these companys. Are they relatively new here in the U.S.? It would be great if more companys made lower prized .303" ball ammunition. Most of the comercialy made ammunition I see in shops where I live are fairly high-priced cartridges made for hunting. I have seen cheaper 174grn. ball cartridges made by a company called Seller and Belliot (I probably misspelled that) at shows lately. I have also heard a Russian company called Wolf is making .303" ball now as well, but have not seen any for sale yet.
Mark
Alaskan living in exile (Toledo, Ohio). The .303" Cartridge, Helping Englishmen express their emotions since 1888.
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 6:23pm
the partizan stuff in Australia is sold as\under "highland" ammo here the office is in Moss Vale bout 30 mins from me. I might be wrong but i think they also go as\under "Wolf"
Prvi Partizan, Titovo Uzice, Yugoslavia. (Yugoslav arsenal code PPU, which in Cyrillic looks like 'nny'.) Their latest address is... Prvi Partizan, Milosa Obrenovica 2, 31000 Uzice, SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO, Phone: +381 31 511 382, Fax: +318 31 515 350 Email: office@prvipartizan.com The Prvi Partizan company was founded in 1928. In those days it was operating under the name FOMU - Arms and Ammunition Factory Uzice involved in shotgun ammunition manufacture. The factory had developed pistol and revolver ammunition production by the year 1938. This factory has produced .303 cartridges in... Ball, Mk 7, 7Z , 8 and 8Z and various sporting loads. Since the break up of Yugoslavia the factory is in Serbia and ammunition is sold in boxes that have the Wolf brand...

'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 10:07pm
Wolf is a totally different brand in the US. Mostly galvanized steel cases & with very poor quality control.
I've both heard of, and experienced problems with wolf steel cased ammo.
Here the rumor is that wolf gold is prvi partizan, but I can't confirm that as I've never seen or used wolf gold.

Ammotogo.com

is a good source for both the prvi partizan and the S&B.
From a conversation I had with the guy there who was very helpfull was that he preferred the prvi partizan to the S&B if I was planning on reloading as the cases were neck annealed during manufacture, which the S&B are not.

I fired both ammo types yesterday & I did notice that there is a little more recoil with the S&B than the prvi, what that translates to downrange is anyone's guess as I didn't have a chrony with me.
Accuracy was about the same as was zero.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 9:50am
TomcatPC , check out some internet sites for your ammo , the best thing to do is get a few of your buddies to go in with you on an order of ammo , yall split the cost of shipping and HazMat fees . HazMat will cost the same for one or two boxes or if its 100 boxes so the more you order will cut your cost down considerably. and some places have quantity discounts also. 
centuryarms.com      ,        ammunitionstore.com    ,     ammo depot .com    
aimsurplus.com   ,      samco global arms .com , and a few more that i cant think of right now.
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Ed Hill View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 10:37am
The Wolf surplus or steel case military stuff can be iffy. The new Wolf Gold is made by Privi, but has flat based bullets, and is very accurate in my rifles.

Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic