Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't look if you don't like sporterized

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't look if you don't like sporterized
    Posted: September 20 2008 at 2:58pm
I bought this rifle a little while back. It came with some pretty nice checkered wood that was from Italy. I do like the wood and plan to redo it later but for now the ATI Monte Carlo works just fine.
When I refinish the wood I will also reblue all of the metal too.
This will be one of the rifles that I will be bringing home the venison this season.

Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2008 at 3:24pm
I like it I really do ! That's a Fancy piece of timber & nicely done I might add !

Dave
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2008 at 11:33pm
Looks like you have spent some time with it Wrench, Venison !! Always nice when the earn there keep.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 6:42am
I'd really be tempted to fit a scope on this one & really get the full potential out of it

Dave
oldbikewrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbikewrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 7:52am
Thanks fellows!
The idea of a scope on this rifle is a good one but for the time being I will use the open/iron sites. Mainly because of vanity. You see my eye sight is keeping up with my ageLOL. And the sites on that rifle are in a position where I can actually see them and what I am aiming at. Not to mention that this will be one of my brush guns.
Within a few (more like couple) years there will have to be a nice low fixed power scope on it. But not yet.

Love your neighbor as yourself.'...Mark12:31
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke22:36
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2008 at 7:58am
I've long entertained the thought of doing a Brush carbine up on a Enfield action complete with a synthetic stock & a Red dot scope for the thick country I sometimes hunt Goats in around here as the ranges are seldom more than 50mtrs.

Dave  
No4Enfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No4Enfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 7:59am
+1 Been contemplating the same idea for a No5 forgery
Kodiac400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kodiac400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 12:12am
I really like the look personally. I was actually looking at an ATI stock as well as a Bipod for the rifle range.
airforcediver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airforcediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 2:45am
that's the base look for what i'm gunna do with my new Bubba'd No 1,  and then I'll follow up with a scope and possibly a bi-pod.  Just gotta wait for some more cash to come in.  Nice piece of Kit Wrench
If all else fails call in a MOAB and call it a day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic