Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? Ranger Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canukinozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? Ranger Rifle
    Posted: May 24 2009 at 7:02pm
Hi Guys

I have a No4 Mk1 that the guy who sold it advised was an ex Canadian Ranger rifle.  It has matching numbers N5940, is marked 1942, and I believe it has Canadian Arsenal markings.

Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle, I can find little on the internet??

Does the rifle have any collector value, or should I sell it for another No4?? 

Will post a photo when I figure out how.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 10:40pm

LB is for Canadian Long Branch manufactured rifles. Should be stamped in several locations on most parts

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 11:04pm
It should also be marked No4 Mk1* if it is a Longbranch made in 1942
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2009 at 11:55pm
Hoadie will be the one to fill you in on Ranger Rifles. They still issue them to the Inuit rangers/guides for protection from Bears etc.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 2:29pm
BEARS my ass! They issue them to the Rangers for front line defence of the north,as well! Yes-its absolutley true..Longbranch Enfields are still issued to this very day-to the Canadian Rangers.These are Inuit that live there.They are are first line(probobly ONLY line) of defence in the far north.The reason they are still used is because there has never been a rifle found/developed yet,that can perform as reliably & accuratley/consistently as the Enfield.They use the Longbranch,because they were made here(outside Toronto)& evidently Crown stores must still have a bundle of them.
Lee Enfields are STILL very popular in the hunt camps here-due to reliability,cost & accuracy issues.
Hoadie
Loose wimmen tightened here
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 3:42pm
Ok Hoadie you got a Bear ass!  LOL
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Schmidlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schmidlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 10:03am
kind of cool to hear the reason why they still use the enfield. 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Tony-I got Gator claws,Elk antlers,Deer antlers/racks,Moose meat,deer meat,beaver fur .....BUT I AINT GOT NO BEAR ASS!!!
Hoadie
Schmidlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schmidlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 10:10am
i think hoadie needs to use more iodine in his water before he drinks it. That "fresh" mountain water is getting to him....
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 5:49pm
No, I think it is because Matron has been slack with her rounds.

It's friday night, so hopefully she will be round to hand out meds, give kerosine baths and enemas soon.
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Lithgow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lithgow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 6:53pm
Oh we havnt had the Kerosene enema for ages. Hope they dont use the wire brush this time but, took me ages to get over that last time.
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Tony-I got Gator claws,Elk antlers,Deer antlers/racks,Moose meat,deer meat,beaver fur .....BUT I AINT GOT NO BEAR ASS!!!
Hoadie

THATS NOT WHAT WE HEARD !!!  Reliable information has it you and Bonnie were seen by a local lake!!! It wasn't the moon bobbing up and down in the bushes either!!! Big smile
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 6:20am
It was so the moon...MY moon!! & Bonnie aint NEVER bin there-so it weren't her! (Cookie knows who it was!) & it wasnt wot you thot,either...blackflies are too thick for that kinda nonsense!Cant do it wrapped in mesh,you know!(Dang!ya cant even whip it out fer a pee..the blighters get ya straight up!)Not a good place for bites. Can ya take away the pain and leave the swellin doc?
Hoadie
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 11:33am
I had a Beer Ass one time... That was cold......LOL!!!!!! and a Damn wast of a good beer...
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 6:01pm
You sat on the beer cooler and the lid caved in Rhino?
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2009 at 7:04pm
Can ya take away the pain and leave the swellin doc?
Hoadie

Every little helps eh Hoadie??? LOLLOL
LOL
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic