Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's still an Enfield...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's still an Enfield...
    Posted: June 01 2019 at 1:41pm
I went to my local Target store this morning.  I parked next to a motorcycle that did not resemble the crotch rockets I typically see. The irony here was that my No5Mk1 was in the back set of my truck.
Sponsored Links

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 1:47pm
Ahh! Royal Enfield, affectionately known by Triumph owners as "The Queen's chicken farm"! (Royal hen field)Star
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 4:27pm
A noble looking beast! You wouldn't believe how many people I have spoken to over the years that call our rifles 'Royal Enfields' when I explain my collection to them. I quickly but kindly correct them.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 3:33am
I dunno Canuck...I think of my Enfields "royaly"
Loose wimmen tightened here
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 5:25am
These new Enfields have fuel injection, no Lucas stuff to put you in the dark as well!

V affordable as bikes go!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 5:59am
Ah lucas...AKA: The Prince of Darkness
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 7:14am
Aren't they made in India now?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 7:33am
Yes yrs ago all the tooling went to India and continue to be manufactured there.
A buddy of mine has one, he likes it.
shoot em if you got em
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2019 at 8:12am
There's a Bullet 500 for sale here.its new. They're only asking 2600.00 USD for it.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2019 at 7:13pm
the royal enfields i recall back when were all made in india , i loved my triumphs and the lucas gear always worked for me in spite of their reputation , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic